There are so many quotes relating to flowers that have a more deeper meaning.Continue reading “Quotes and flowers”
Think like a Monk: Train your mind for peace and purpose every day by Jay Shetty.
I don’t normally do a book review until I’ve finished reading it but I thought I would give a taster for this only because, right now he is in the middle of a 20-day meditation and passages from his book reading session (by middle I mean day 5) which he is doing live at 5.30 pm on Facebook and Instagram.Continue reading “Think Like a Monk”
This is an extract from the book Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen from Chapter 3:
- Meditate, meditate, and keep on meditating until you’ve learned to let go of all the things you fear to lose.
- Take the step. Don’t be afraid. Follow your intuition, wherever it takes you.
- You will always be okay! Money and material things come to you when you dare to trust in life’s ability to take you exactly where you need to go. When we live in fear we create tense vibrations that keep the things we long for at a distance. Worrying is praying for what we don’t want to happen. Focus on what you want, not what you fear!
- Do no harm – but take no shit!
- Ask the universe for what you want. If you don’t know what you want in life, how are you ever going to create the life of your dreams? Write down everything you want to create. Be detailed. Take all the active steps you need to take. Ask for what you want and keep your intentions loving and clear.
- Explore the world and soak up the wisdom that lies in every lesson you learn along the way. Life is meant to be an adventure.
The full review of the Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen can be found here: Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen
Some quotes to download can be found here as a PDF:
I’m not sure how I started following Nikita Gill on Instagram. Maybe I saw one of her poems on Instagram that had been re-posted or maybe in a magazine. Either way, I love her poems and I have one of her books – Wild Embers.Continue reading “Nikita Gill’s Poems”
I love collecting quotes so I thought I’d share some of my favourite quotes below:
I mean why else do anything!
This is so true and possibly why I love reading.
Some things work out some things don’t. You never know until you try.
Just great quotes to try and live by!
In my rush to post yesterday I forgot to credit my inspiration for this post to Life’s Fine Whine who I follow here. This is her latest inspirational quotes post and whose last post I had planned to reblog. As a short story enthusiast, I really loved this short story.. The worst date
I’m not sure why I’m so obsessed with sleep. I’m sure when they are ready they will start sleeping through the night easily. Until they do, I think I will be obsessed with it.
When the girls were babies, I used to love getting the girls ready for bed. A little while after dinner, we would come up, give them a bath, gently wash their hair and then wrap them up in a big towel. Once in the bedroom, I would rub oil or cream and massage it into their chubby little bodies, then put their nappies and nighttime onesies on and then read to them. I would put some music on and then lie with them until they fell asleep. I too would ‘nap’ or fall asleep with them for a bit and then creep out the room trying not to wake them up. Even then some days were better than others but there were more good days.Continue reading “Calm Sleep Stories”
I love Bollywood films and Bollywood Wives captures this so well! I grew up in an era before the Indian film industry was known as Bollywood. My childhood revolved around Indian film songs and reading Indian filmy magazines such as Cineblitz, stardust and Cineworld (from what I can remember).
February turned into an ‘Accounting for Bloggers’ month on my site. As a blogger, that might be the last thing you want to do. In reality, apart from accountants, who really wants to think about accounts? Still, if you have decided to monetise your blog and it is creeping over the £1,000 mark, you may need to start considering your tax position.
If you missed February’s Accounting for Bloggers month, don’t worry. This post will summarise everything that was covered in the four-part series.Continue reading “Accounting for Bloggers – free download”
Finally, you have become the overnight sensation you have been dreaming of, after all the years of slogging on your blog! Your blog pops up on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram and you have millions of followers liking it and the money is now pouring in.Continue reading “Accounting for Bloggers – Part 4”