Five days into 2021 and we are in lockdown part 3 apparently, although if you’re living in Leicester I’m not really sure we were ever out of lockdown – may be briefly for a few weeks in the summer. The rest is all a slight blur between being in lockdown without school, lockdown with school and lockdown without school again.Continue reading “Lockdown Part 3”
Wow! You can tell I’m really struggling for ideas when I start blogging about being at the hairdressers! Well since I’m here I might as well describe my experience. When the lockdown was first lifted, it was almost impossible to get an appointment especially since I don’t have a regular hairdresser that I go to, so after a few phone calls, I didn’t bother.
This weekend, I decided I had enough of my hair. My hair looked like limp rag cloths hanging down the side of my face and having it up didn’t work either. I tried calling the hairdressers this weekend and I’ve managed to make a booking for today.Continue reading “At the hairdressers”
It’s almost the end of September and therefore the end of my almost 30 days of blogging. I say almost because I missed a few days. Anyway, these are six things I learnt during this month.Continue reading “My 30 days of blogging”
For today’s blog, I thought I would go a bit technical and talk about Companies House. I think this is the first time I’ve written a slightly accounts and tax-related blog in ages and I am so conscious of all the potential grammatical and maybe even technical errors. The last time I wrote an article like this, it was proofread and edited by technical editors but anyway here it goes.
Companies House is an executive agency where you can create your limited company in the UK. Once formed Companies House will keep a record of all the relevant details relating to your company along with all the other companies that are formed or have been formed in the UK. There are two ways you can go to see this list. The first is through Webcheck and the other is through this companies house link. I found the second link more useful when I was researching into my grandfather’s history and was looking up some old companies that have now dissolved.Continue reading “Companies House”
I watched this film on Netflix yesterday. I’ve not watched an Indian film for ages although I have started another one but it’s a case of finding the time to watch it! However, with the mother in law here I think I am completely up to date with the goings on in bollywood and catching up on films. Anyway, this film was amazing.Continue reading “Badla”
There are so many quotes relating to flowers that have a more deeper meaning.Continue reading “Quotes and flowers”
Think like a Monk: Train your mind for peace and purpose every day by Jay Shetty.
I don’t normally do a book review until I’ve finished reading it but I thought I would give a taster for this only because, right now he is in the middle of a 20-day meditation and passages from his book reading session (by middle I mean day 5) which he is doing live at 5.30 pm on Facebook and Instagram.Continue reading “Think Like a Monk”
This is an extract from the book Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen from Chapter 3:
- Meditate, meditate, and keep on meditating until you’ve learned to let go of all the things you fear to lose.
- Take the step. Don’t be afraid. Follow your intuition, wherever it takes you.
- You will always be okay! Money and material things come to you when you dare to trust in life’s ability to take you exactly where you need to go. When we live in fear we create tense vibrations that keep the things we long for at a distance. Worrying is praying for what we don’t want to happen. Focus on what you want, not what you fear!
- Do no harm – but take no shit!
- Ask the universe for what you want. If you don’t know what you want in life, how are you ever going to create the life of your dreams? Write down everything you want to create. Be detailed. Take all the active steps you need to take. Ask for what you want and keep your intentions loving and clear.
- Explore the world and soak up the wisdom that lies in every lesson you learn along the way. Life is meant to be an adventure.
The full review of the Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen can be found here: Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen
Some quotes to download can be found here as a PDF:
I’m not sure how I started following Nikita Gill on Instagram. Maybe I saw one of her poems on Instagram that had been re-posted or maybe in a magazine. Either way, I love her poems and I have one of her books – Wild Embers.Continue reading “Nikita Gill’s Poems”