This is an extract from the book Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen from Chapter 3:
- Meditate, meditate, and keep on meditating until you’ve learned to let go of all the things you fear to lose.
- Take the step. Don’t be afraid. Follow your intuition, wherever it takes you.
- You will always be okay! Money and material things come to you when you dare to trust in life’s ability to take you exactly where you need to go. When we live in fear we create tense vibrations that keep the things we long for at a distance. Worrying is praying for what we don’t want to happen. Focus on what you want, not what you fear!
- Do no harm – but take no shit!
- Ask the universe for what you want. If you don’t know what you want in life, how are you ever going to create the life of your dreams? Write down everything you want to create. Be detailed. Take all the active steps you need to take. Ask for what you want and keep your intentions loving and clear.
- Explore the world and soak up the wisdom that lies in every lesson you learn along the way. Life is meant to be an adventure.
The full review of the Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen can be found here: Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen
Some quotes to download can be found here as a PDF:
So this week would have been a good week to have had some back up blogs ready. With the tax return deadline looming and kids off being ill, it’s been a slightly hectic week and I have a feeling next week will be quite similar.
Continue reading “My top 5 blogs I’ve read this week”
For some reason when I first started using Instagram, I decided to start following @yoga_girl. Some of her earlier posts were very heart wrenching and so honest that you couldn’t help but feel sorry for her and wish her good luck. She is now doing really well for herself and because of her honesty and openness or maybe because I’ve been following her for so long, that you do feel really happy for her. Her Instagram posts are still very open and honest but it’s also interesting to see where she is with her life – married, pregnant and in the process of building a yoga studio on the idyllic island of Aruba that they live on.
Continue reading “Yoga Girl by Rachel Brathen”
In my last blog on Bikram yoga I wrote that I don’t know why I love Bikram yoga so much so that whenever I get an opportunity to go, I do. Ever since then I’ve been thinking about it and started making a list
- Good for me
- Helps me lose weight
- I feel good
- It’s good for my back
- Increase my flexibility
Those are the some of the obvious ones. Continue reading “The lines of the body”
I’ve made changes to my blog and I think these changes mean that I can’t retweet some blogs. I’m still looking into how it all works but in the mean time, I wanted to share this blog (just click on the link):
How to Fix a Broken Yogi
[mojoitem platform=’wordpress’ type=’themes’ item=’popular’ quantity=’3′ seller=” aff=”]