Even though I bought this book as soon as it came out, it took me a while to read it. I think the main reason I resisted was because the last book I read by Gabrielle Bernstein had so much food for thought that I felt like I needed the headspace to be ready to read this book.
Eventually I did start the book and then with the manifesting challenge coming up in January I decided I wanted to finish it before it started. The book was deeply thoughtful as expected.
In the introduction there is a breakdown of what each chapter covers although the titles themselves are self explanatory. These were the 11 chapters after the introduction :
- The Universe always Delivers
- It’s Good to Feel Good
- There’s More Than Enough to Go Around
- Have Fun along the Way
- Lift the Veil
- Invisible Guidance Is Available to You
- Do Less and Attract More
- Taking Spiritually Aligned Action
- Appreciate and Appreciate More
- Let the Universe Catch Up with Your Dreams
- Unwavering Faith in the Universe
3 Step Choose Again Method
The book starts off with a 3 step choose again method where basically any negative thought you can change. It then goes on to explain how feeling good is the best way to manifest your desires. Another way to bring on your desires is by wishing other people well and wanting them to do well rather than being jealous of them. Here, Gabrielle introduces an emotional guidance scale (see below) which can be useful to look at to see where you are and where you need to get to, or to review the stages of processing your feelings.
The whole book has a spiritual feel but from about chapter 5 it starts to delve a little more into it. It starts by looking at lifting the veil to go into the light and that miracles are seen in light. The book them introduces spiritual guides and angels in a way that feels good and not scary or preachy. It then goes on to explain how trusting the universe means you can attract more but doing less and how to create your life with help from the universe.
Finally, the last three chapters looks at how appreciation can create more of what you want. The book explains how to trust the universe in order to manifest your desires at the right time and how to ask and look for signs to see if you’re on the right path. The last chapter emphasises how feeling good is the best way to be a super attractor and how to get back on the right path when fear or other things derail you.
Throughout the book Gabrielle gives examples from her life and how she used these methods that are in the book to help her life and those around her. It is a really inspiring book and along with the meditation linked to this book I think it will be one book that I will keep dipping back in to for a long time.
Here are some of my favourite quotes:
- In order to truly live as a Superattractor we must accept that good things can come easily.
- Pay attention to the places you feel supported. Feel the feelings of support and continue to feel them more. Give yourself permission to feel good.
- Protect your desires to stay in alignment
- Focus on giving rather than getting.
- Choose to see the people who have what you want as a reflection of what’s to come. Pay attention to the people who are thriving in areas you want to thrive in. Accept their miracles are yours. The more you allow yourself to feel good about their greatness, the faster it comes into form for you.
- Do anything that brings you joy.
- Primary desire is to align with the joy of who you are.
- Keep track of each time you successfully shift from fear back to love.
- Direct your focus on what’s thriving.
- Gratitude doesn’t mean we have to be happy about everything, but grateful for the lessons.
- Seek relief rather than solutions
- We can attract so much more when we get out of the way. Try your best not to control your circumstances, but instead allow them to unfold naturally.
- True manifestations are powered by service and inspiration.
- Make sure your desires are for your inner peace rather than external validation.
- In prayer you ask for guidance and in meditation you listen.
The Emotional Guidance Scale
This is the emotional guidance scale that Gabrielle mentions in Chapter 4. The list was originally described by Abraham-Hicks with the purpose being to move yourself out of the low vibration state and up towards joy.
- Joy /appreciation/empowered/ freedom /love
- Enthusiasm /eagerness /happiness
- Positive expectation/ belief
- Frustration /irritation/impatience
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Insecurity /guilt /unworthiness
- Fear /grief /desperation/despair/powerlessness
You can also download this handy list as a pdf by clicking on the link below:.
Super Attractor Collection
Along with the book, there are several other items available to buy. There is the audio version of the book and the journal (both of which I got). There’s also an audio meditation that you can buy and download and a 52 card deck. Finally, there is a free manifesting challenge which can be found here: https://gabbybernstein.com/manifestingchallenge-waitlist/
Overall, I loved this book but it is quite deep and requires several re-reads. I would definitely recommend this book if you are into spirituality or even if you are interested in the law of attraction. You can also read her previous book that I reviewed here: The Universe has Your Back