My kids love this Indian fish recipe. I generally don’t like cooking much and if I had a choice between cooking and cleaning I think I’d prefer to clean every time. However, I do cook and as soon as I had kids I made extra effort to cook, especially with all the purees and weaning.
With the first kid it was a novelty not so much with the second one when all you seem to be doing is cooking – baby food, toddler food and finally grown up food. One recipe that sends to have stuck with both kids is this Indian fish recipe.
- Fresh salmon
- Lemon juice
- Coriander powder
- Cumin powder
- Fresh, crushed garlic and ginger
- Marinate the fish in oil, lemon juice, turmeric powder, salt, coriander and jeeru powder, garlic and ginger
- Put a little oil in the frying pan and some yellow mustard seeds
- Fry the mustard seeds until they look a little more darker
- Turn down the heat and add the fish
- Keep checking and turning it over to make sure its cooked evenly.
- At the same time, finely chop some tomatoes and add to one side of the frying pan.
- To the tomatoes, add some more of the masala listed above.
- Once cooked remove from pan and serve with rice and broccoli or other vegetables if you (or more importantly your kids) prefer.