I’m not 100% sure if nicheing is even a word but that is what I think I should be doing. I’ve been reading lots of posts and articles about how you should have a niche and then focus all your writing, work, if you have anything to sell on that. There’s also lots of lists about the things you could niche or sell online. So I’ve been thinking about what I could niche about in my blog and here’s my list:
- Accounting – obvious one as it is in my title and it is what I (used to) do a lot
- Mummy stuff – Again, it’s in the title and it is what I do
- However, with both of the above, I could narrow down a lot, lot more.
- Reiki – Qualified up to level 2
- Sleep problems – not an expert but I could write a lot about it.
- Yoga – love doing it and have been doing it for ages plus there’s lots of branches and maybe even kids yoga
- Tutoring maths – I used to do a bit but I don’t know enough to know what level I should be aiming it at and what the current syllabus is
- Writing – just because I like doing it
- Coaching – I’m a good listener and think I would be good at motivating people or least trying to help them with their problems.
- Cooking – Maybe Indian cooking in a healthy way and making it kids friendly (ie not too spicy but it can be added on later for the grown ups)
- Help my mum at the factory but I would need to learn more about current transformers in order to write about it.
And that’s about it! 11 things I could potentially blog about plus I can still think of more. I think if I do niche, I will do it on a separate blog. Couple of inspirational quotes to keep me going:
Do not doubt yourself. You are capable of doing anything you set your mind to. – Unknown
The most valuable thing you can make is a mistake. You can’t learn anything from being perfect. – Unknown