Whenever something similar to this has come up in the past, I’ve never had an answer for it. Also, I smugly think that all of life’s up’s and down’s have made me who I am so I should be grateful for that.
Then the other day, while I was begrudgingly working when I would rather spend time with the kids, I thought to myself I wish I’d worked harder when I was younger. I wish I had strived to earn more and invested my money better, then I could have spent more time relaxing now.
This is the first time (since I was a kid) that I have thought like this. The first time I have wished for something other than I have. I do have a lot which I am truly grateful for but on days when work gets tough and I get shouty with the kids, I want to pack it all in. After this seed had been planted though, I started thinking about what other things I had wished I had known or I had done earlier. So here is my list:
- Work hard, strive to earn lots of money and save, even if its only a little.
- Don’t worry about getting married or finding your true love. If it’s meant to be, it will happen and sometimes you have to take a risk.
- Don’t worry about having kids. If its meant to be, it will be.
- When you look back at life, you will remember the amazing things you have done, even if at the time, some things were a bit scary. It will be a brilliant experience and a wonderful memory to look back on.
- Always find some time to exercise, read and laugh. Always find the time for the things that make you feel happy to be alive.