I found a list of questions that I had written down, obviously from somewhere but not sure from where now but I thought I would make this blog a series of questions and answers. So here goes:
1. What were you passionate about as a child?
I have no idea. I used to love reading and I would carry a book around everywhere. I would almost feel lost without a book in my hand or in my bag. It’s strange considering this that I didn’t go into a more literary field. I also loved organising and arranging things. What a random thing to like but I would organise my desk first before I would start any work. I also loved making things out of boxes, scrap paper, clay type thing. I like Maths too which is why I went into accounting. I loved solving problems and I was good at doing it.
2. If you didn’t have a job, how would you choose to fill those hours?
Reading and watching films and doing yoga and cooking and cleaning. Easy!!
3. What makes you forget about the world around you?
Reading a good novel and not watching the news. The news always has bad news and it freaks me out and makes me wonder why we live in this world. It feels like we are on a verge of a great apocalypse. Constantly. I think I would hate to be a newsreader.
4. What issues do you hold close to your heart?
Women’s rights and education especially for girls.
5. What kind of conversations do you have with your closest friends?
Talk about our kids, random jokes, keeping fit.
6. What is your bucket list?
Not sure what that is but for some reason it makes me think of a KFC bucket!
I just googled it. So it’s a list of things you want to do before you die. This isn’t a definitive list as it is the first time I’ve thought about a bucket list but for now, here it is:
1. Read all the goddamn books I keep buying before I die!
2. I’d love to do a 10k charity run for cancer as it has affected so many people I know. But actually run it and not walk it.
3. I’d love to experience a sun rise on a beautiful beach and also go stargazing.
4. Publish a book.
5. Go on a meditation retreat and/or a yoga retreat.
7. If you had a dream, could you make it happen?
I’d like to think I am but it keeps changing and I get side tracked with other things especially kids but that was part of my dream so I don’t know. I even got side tracked answering the question!
I’m not sure that by answering these questions, I’m going to find my life’s purpose but it’s interesting. While researching the bucket list, I found this quote:
Be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Gandhi